ADFP Updates ~ February 2012
Dear Fellow Professionals,
The following are important notices that are sure to be of interest.
1. Direct Reporting of CEUs to IDFA. We are delighted to inform you that IDFA will begin processing en masse CEUs for our mutual members who attend our annual conference. We will be reporting them to IDFA by name of attendee and number of credits, and they will process them directly instead of requiring each attendee to enter the information online themselves.
2. I invite ADFP members who are also FPA members to contribute to their divorce community blog and to contribute articles to their blog site. ADFP/FPA members are invited also to consider becoming a mentor to FPA members interested in learning or building a divorce financial planning practice.
3. Lili Vasileff, President of the ADFP, is Member of the Advisory Board of Start Over Smart Expo and has secured for free of charge, the ADFP as an exhibitor with our booth at the Expo event. Start Over Smart Divorce Expo is offering exhibitor opportunities to ADFP practitioners based on exclusive geographic territories and you can find out more at www.startoversmartny.com. Tickets are on sale and is a great event for clients to attend as well.
4. Dates have been set for ADFP's 10th Annual Conference, September 20th - 22nd, 2012. Last year our dedicated volunteers created an exciting, informative program that was enjoyed by all. You too can make a difference! We cordially invite you to serve on the 2012 Annual Conference Committee for what's to be another great conference! E-mail your volunteer request to ADFP@DivorceAndFinance.org. We look forward to working with you.
5. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP) are establishing a relationship to share educational content with the members of the respective organizations to help them enhance their knowledge base. Join the Ranks of the Best Fee-Only Financial Planners in the Country! As a special offer for ADFP members, you can join NAPFA at $100 off your first year member dues.That makes your first year dues only $475*. Please note that this special offer is only available for those becoming members of NAPFA for the first time. (*a one-time non-refundable processing fee of $150 still applies). To get started, simply contant Anthony Aloy, NAPFA's Membership Coordinator, at 847-483-5400 ext. 126 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention that you are an ADFP member!
Lili A. Vasileff
Lili A. Vasileff, CFP®, CDFA™