The Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
(NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150
Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasbatools.com.
The mission of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP) is:
- To heighten awareness of the benefits and the added value of divorce financial planning so that it becomes an integral part of the divorce process.
- To encourage knowledgeable and trustworthy financial professionals to enter the field.
- To continuously refine and maintain practice and professional standards of excellence and a strict code of ethics.
- To build professionalism.
- To unify the divorce financial planning profession.
To accomplish this mission, the ADFP will:
- Develop outreach programs to financial professionals, allied divorce professionals and the general public.
- Provide continuing professional education and training opportunities for divorce financial planning practitioners.
- Hold members to high professional and ethical protocols and standards.
- Promote communication, networking and peer review.
- Market and promote divorce financial planning through the ADFP website, speaking opportunities to the public and divorce professionals, public relations and other appropriate means.
- Establish and encourage membership participation in local chapters throughout the United States, Canada and other countries.
- Participate in policy making regarding financial issues in divorce.