The Association of Divorce Financial Planners (ADFP) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
(NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150
Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasbatools.com.
Common Factors Relevant to Custody Decisions
When negotiating child custody issues with your attorney keep in mind these factors that the judicial system takes into consideration:
- The age and sex of the child.
- The needs of the child.
- The desire each parent has to retain custody as well as the ability and resources needed to meet the demands and responsibilities.
- The resource for primary support of the child.
- The child's wishes (legal guidelines vary from state to state).
- The wishes of both parents.
- The ability one parent possesses to encourage the child to maintain an on-going relationship with the other parent.
- The child's ability to adjust to any change with respect to residence or school.
- The stability of the atmosphere at home with respect to the residency of the child.
- The positive advantages of the child retaining the residence where the family had traditionally lived.
- Testimony of a neutral mediator or child evaluator.
- Any past record of abuse within the family.
Return to the Child Custody Page